Tuesday, April 10, 2018

It's Show Week Pleasant Hills!

Meet Joanne Pust from Dark Star Designs...
        I guess I’m a ‘newbie”.  I have only been selling my designs for about a year. I originally kept them or gave them to friends and family. This is our first Avant-Garde Show but we have done several over the past year. I let the stones inspire me.  I love working with copper, the color is amazing, and the stones love it too. It’s really not a hobby for me.  It is a calling.  I love making the pieces. I still don’t think of it as a talent per se, I think of it as how I see things.

        My piece never, I really mean never, end up as they are originally drawn. Once I start a piece it literally takes over.  I never really know how it’s going to end up. I hope I’m still sitting my workshop making what I love.  If I grow that’s great, if I stay small that’s great too.  I simply love making beautiful pieces. I strive for nature – natural stones, good metals, working with people to make one of a kind pieces.  There are no “cookie-cutter” designs.  My sketch books are full.  I have a lot of things running in my mind as well.  I don’t think I’ll run out of ideas too soon.  I want the wearer to fall in love with their piece and know that no one else will have on like it.  

Meet Katelynn Recklein and Caitlyn Schwalm from Mix It Up Pittsburgh...
We are future sisters with a passion for creativity and crafting. we have recently opened up a new line of products, known as Mix It Up Pittsburgh, which sells a variety of handmade dip, drink, dessert and dressing mixes. 
We have been creating crafts and handmade gift items for a couple of years now. Mix It Up Pittsburgh is a new line that has just recently been released.  This will be our first Avant-Garde show! We sell our mixes because we know that they bring people together, and in the end, that's our goal. The craft hobby was a shared interest of both of us that brought us closer together. 
Mix It Up Pittsburgh was discovered after seeing the interest that our audience had in them, so we decided to pursue it further. Our creative process is done through trial and error. Seeing what works best, and learning what our audience likes and dislikes.  In five years, Mix It Up Pittsburgh hopes to be a well known brand, and eventually open up a store front. We sell our mixes because we know that they bring people together, and in the end, that's our goal.  
2017 Pleasant Hills Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 10:00am-5:00pm
Georgetown Center
526 East Bruceton Rd
Pleasant Hills, PA 15236
For more information, contact Amanda Look, Event Coordinator at Amanda@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're Back!

    Meet Mick and Kristina Spiro from RockedOutVibrations... We are Mick and Kristina, RockedOutVibrations. We are obsessed with all things ...